Umbrella Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 Meghalaya: Online Registration. A great news for all the students who belong to a reserved category and are studying in Meghalaya. The good news is that the government has decided to start up a new scholarship scheme for the SC / ST students of Meghalaya. This scholarship scheme is known as the Umbrella Scholarship Scheme 2017-18. Under this scholarship scheme, various benefits will be given to the students as per their class. As the scheme is mainly for the students of the 9th and 10th class. An online application form has also been released to apply for this scholarship scheme.
Scheme Name: Umbrella Scholarship Scheme
Last Date: 15 November 2017
Scheme For: SC/ST categories
Umbrella Scholarship Scheme
- This scholarship is given to the students to study in India only.
- The state government / UT will surely reward the students under this scholarship scheme.
- The scheme will also help the students for their studies after passing the 10th
- To apply for this scheme the annual family income of the parents must not exceed the amount of Rs. 2.5 lac.
- The students will be the part of this scholarship scheme will not be able to get the benefits of any other scholarship scheme.
- 1600 will be provided annually to the students as the scholarship amount.
- The handicapped students will be provided the scholarship amount as per their disability.
- The students studying journalism will be provided Rs. 20,000 annually for the expense of books and fee.
- The student must be a permanent resident of Meghalaya.
- Students studying in the corresponding courses are also eligible for Meghalaya Umbrella Scholarship Scheme 2017 – 18.
- The scheme is mainly for the students belonging to Schedule Tribe category.
So all the students who meet up this eligibility criterion must apply for this scholarship scheme. This is a golden opportunity for all the schedule tribe students.
- Pre – Metric Scholarship scheme – This scheme is for the students from class 1 to class 10.
- Post – metric Scholarship scheme – This scheme is for the students of 11th, 12th and various under graduation courses as B.Com, B.Tech, ITI, B.Sc etc.
- Merit cum means scholarship scheme – This scheme is for the students in various technical fields.
Online Registration Procedure
- The online application form is available on www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Visit the link mentioned above.
- When this link will open, select the most appropriate link for Meghalaya Umbrella Scholarship scheme 2017 – 18.
- Then an application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill the application form with all the required details and the education qualification.
- Then submit the form.
- After the successful submission, take a hard copy of it along with you for any further concern.
So through the above-mentioned steps, the students can fill up the online application form this scholarship scheme. All the students hurry up, as this is a golden opportunity to apply for the scholarship. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 15th November 2017. This scheme will give great benefits to the students of SC/ ST and minority category and will also help those students to study further who discontinues their studies due to lack of money or financial reasons. For more updates and related information of Meghalaya Umbrella Scholarship scheme, students must visit the official site of Meghalaya state government or the Umbrella Scholarship scheme itself.